The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF 1.7 Archive Crasher? [Fixed in current SP builds.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm getting a crash in 1.7 Revision: 117251 when trying to open my archive file (report submitted). Is anyone else seeing this? Perhaps there is just something in my archive that OF is choking on.

Curt

I have the identical experience.

(OmniFocus 1.7 sneaky peek (v77.32.0.117251)

Able to open the archive in current builds, but I'll wait for one of you guys to say that you can before I re-title the thread. :-)

I seem to be able to open the archive without a crash. However, my changes to the default perspectives seems to have also reverted to their original settings in my main database after accessing the archive.

-Dennis

UPDATE: Actually, I'm not sure if it was related to opening the archive or just coincidence. I'm setting up my perspectives again now.

Last edited by Toadling; 2009-08-19 at 03:06 PM..

I was just able to reproduce this: customized settings on built-in perspectives are reset to default when opening the archive document. Feedback sent (OG #463769).

-Dennis

Still crashes for me, rev. 117463.

Curt

Still crashes. . . . v77.32.0.117494

Strange. I don't see a crash -- just the resetting of my customized built-in perspectives.

-Dennis

Could all three of you retest in r117502? I tracked down one more place where we were updating perspectives unconditionally when opening a document, which is probably what was causing causes for Curt and Steve and resetting the built-in perspective list for Toadling. (It was trying to update the perspective list from whatever synced perspectives were present in the archive.)

Woot. r117503 opens my archive. Thanks, Ken.

Curt