The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bonjour wi-fi sync works great Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
at this point it seems faster than things .. and my things database is much smaller.

Agreed. Does anyone know if there is any issue in changing from mobileme to bonjour syncing at random ? I know that if you do this for iCal then it wipes everything and starts again when you change.

Thanks - Michael

I hope this is obvious -- you'll definitely want all your devices synced before you switch...

You can switch "at random", but as whpalmer4 says, you'll want all devices synced up before doing so. You'll need to switch them all over at the same time. And when you switch, all the devices will probably download the _whole_ database instead of just recent changes, so it may be pretty slow.

So I really wouldn't recommend switching "at random". But if you need to switch for some reason (MobileMe account expires, taking only your iPhone on a long trip, etc.), it can be done.

OK thanks for the feedback. It sounds like I don't want to change from one to the other on a daily basis. The bonjour sync is certainly nice and fast.

Michael

Hooray!!!!! This is what I've been waiting for. Now I'm all synced up.

Agreed. This is the feature I've been waiting on before buying OF for my iPhone. I've found the desktop app indispensable since I started playing with it at the start of the year and have been very much a way of taking my tasks on the move (mobileme is too expensive and I think webdav was more time than I wanted to spend, and possibly more knowledge than I have).

So far the iPhone app seems great and there are no problems with sync (touch wood). So a big thanks to guys at omni - keep up the good work.