The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Add quick entry task with project using AppleScript Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to create an inbox task in the Quick Entry window but have a project assigned to it?

I use the clipping service a lot to create new tasks, and typically assign a project and context to it. But I'm currently making a LOT of tasks with the same project (and often same context) for something I'm working on. But I like the quick-entry panel's ability to easily edit stuff before committing it to OF.

I think I'm getting stuck because an "inbox task" is, by definition, attached to the "inbox" project. But is there some way around this?

Thanks,
Nik

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNik View Post
Is it possible to create an inbox task in the Quick Entry window but have a project assigned to it?
It looks to me as if one might have to start with something like:

Code:
tell application id "OFOC"
	activate
	tell quick entry
		open
		set oTask to make new inbox task with properties {name:"experiment"}
	end tell
end tell

tell application id "sevs"
	keystroke tab
	keystroke tab
	-- etc ...
end tell

Yes, that's as far as I got. I'm currently using Keyboard Maestro to handle this in roughly the same way you're suggesting. But AppleScript would be so much more elegant!