The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem trying to get the perspective name of the front window Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to write a script for which I need the name of the current perspective in the front window.

When I execute the script below

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	tell default document
		get properties of front document window
	end tell
end tell
The result is: Perspective name:Missing vlue,

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

J.

Looks like a bug to me. If you set the value, it switches perspectives (assuming you set it to a value that matches one of your perspectives).

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Looks like a bug to me.
I agree, and I notice from a comment in this script, which resorts to work-arounds, that reading and clearing perspectives has been broken for a while, and probably needs a bit more bumping through Help > Send Feedback

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-08-17 at 01:45 AM..