The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Defer (or 'snooze') tasks/projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Henri—interesting thought. I'd be a little hesitant to push back a project when one of its mere tasks is selected, but I definitely see why you'd want to do that. Let me think about that a little more...

It's a bit tricky because while you can set the due date on an action, OmniFocus will treat it as having the most restrictive due date of any ancestor, leading to situations like this:

(obviously, this is an action from a project which is due today). If you query OmniFocus with Applescript for a task's due date, it appears you do not get the effective due date (today, in my example).

Maybe the safe thing to do is to at least warn the user that the deferred date isn't actually the effective date? Unfortunately, I think you have to walk up the container chain to do that.

Okay, here's a new version that checks for discrepancies between actual and effective Start and Due dates and warns you if there's a mismatch. (You can turn off the warning if you want.)

It also lets you skip the second dialog box if you always change the same parameters (Due only or Start and Due).

I opted not to change the ancestors because that seemed like it would introduce too much uncertainty into the workflow. A warning seemed like a better middle ground. (I'd have loved to make the Growl notifications clickable to open the project in question, but you can't do that with AppleScript.)

Let me know what you think of this change.

Hello,

When running the latest sneaky peek in Lion there is the possibility of running the app in fullscreen.

If I run the script I get the error "Can’t get document window 1 of document 1 whose index = 1. Invalid index". I have already addressed the ninjas but they said fullscreen didn't allow getting windows and they were also looking for a workaround… :(

Any ideas?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfatia View Post
Hello,

When running the latest sneaky peek in Lion there is the possibility of running the app in fullscreen.

If I run the script I get the error "Can’t get document window 1 of document 1 whose index = 1. Invalid index". I have already addressed the ninjas but they said fullscreen didn't allow getting windows and they were also looking for a workaround… :(

Any ideas?!
OS upgrades usually do break at least a few scripts.

If one's work-flows depend on scripts to any significant extent, it's usually better to delay upgrading the OS, let the early adopters discover the problems, and give the developers some time to develop solutions.

I personally won't go anywhere near Lion before the new year ... and even then only once compelling disadvantages in sticking with Snow Leopard are clearly present - right now it's not very easy to see any ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
OS upgrades usually do break at least a few scripts.

If one's work-flows depend on scripts to any significant extent, it's usually better to delay upgrading the OS, let the early adopters discover the problems, and give the developers some time to develop solutions.

I personally won't go anywhere near Lion before the new year ... and even then only once compelling disadvantages in sticking with Snow Leopard are clearly present - right now it's not very easy to see any ...
I do agree, but trying the new shining thing as a certain appeal. This isn't a deal breaker, if it was time machine to the rescue! ;)

I don't have a copy of Lion to hand, but just in case the problem is specific to the document window 1 of document 1 whose index = 1 idiom, it might be worth testing this similar script, which bypasses the index query.

vfatia, just saw your post... it's working fine for me when running OmniFocus (1.9.3 sneaky peek v77.75.10 r154699) in Lion (10.7.1) in full-screen mode, activating the script using Fastscripts.

Is it still broken for you?