The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Visualise milestone risk without moving baseline? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

I have a current project which I'm tracking with OmniPlan and until now, all has been tickety-boo. Unfortunately, some bright spark threw a "spanner in the works" which places the various milestones in serious jeopardy.

Is there a way to keep the baseline planning static and visible, but show a projected impact of the risk at the same time. I am okay with it throwing up dependency violations as a result of the slow or stalled progress of certain tasks/dependencies, but want to keep visualisation of the PLANNED milestone, as well as the forecast milestone projected out as a result of the stalled process. Currently, if a task changes completion date, all it does is move the visible milestone without a comparative risk visualisation. In this context, there is a worry that because the milestone has changed, it may engender a sense of complacency ("oh we still have time before we need to finish this...") rather than a sense of urgency for the resources to "catch up" on the tasks required.

I have tried normalising the baseline and then making modifications to the actual, but it still doesn't really visualise the impact or risk... just moves the end-backstop date out.

I guess in essence what I'm looking for is visualising the planned progress as well as the actual progress in comparison so that we can see at a glance what risk the current progress is incurring.

Hope that makes sense...

Thanks in advance.

L.