The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Undo text replacement, i.e., undo typing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to be able to undo a typing mistake. Here's the scenario that prompts this request:

In Project view, I was tabbing thru a selected Project, changing the context on every line (because I'd spun off a new sub-context). When each field was reached, the existing value was pre-selected for automatic replacement by new text.

I accidentially started typing the new context name into an action description. Poof, the description was gone and I had no way to get it back. Since I was not paying attention to the individual actions, I have no idea what action I accidentally zapped. Sigh.

[submitted as formal feedback]

Tango

Edit > Undo is available. I didn't realize this when I opened this thread because OmniFocus Undo does one character at a time.

When I realized I'd wiped out the action description, I instantly typed Command-Z, expecting all of my typing to be undone. I didn't notice at the time that I'd actually untyped one character and could have retrieved my action description if I'd typed Command-Z more times.