The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mailtags support?? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
I'm glad that worked. I don't know of another way to accomplish the "selection" content inclusion mode.

Should I perhaps make the default content inclusion mode be something besides "selection"? The other modes don't require editing the script and I would prefer that novice scripters can use the scripts easily.

At any rate, I'll add properties for the name of the "Edit" menu and the "Copy" command, so they are easier to localize.
Sorry but that is beyond me (poor novice user…) well I will know what to look for, in caes You update the script. A reminder for non-Wnglish-types in the ReadMe would help though.

Greetings and off (Holiday!)

Rolf

Quote:
At any rate, I'll add properties for the name of the "Edit" menu and the "Copy" command, so they are easier to localize.
Couldn't you just refer to the menu items by number?
Code:
menu item 5 of menu 4 of menu bar 1
should be Edit->Copy regardless of localization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarkley
Couldn't you just refer to the menu items by number?
Good thought. I'll give that a try.

Updated version now available from my software downloads page.

Curt

Last edited by curt.clifton; 2007-07-17 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: Announced updated scripts

Quote:
Good thought. I'll give that a try.

Updated version now available from my software downloads page.
Hey Curt. I just switched to the MailTags version and found a tiny issue. If you invoke the "Open Linked Mail Message" script with a QuickSilver hotkey, then the script will open the message URL in QuickSilver. Telling the Finder to open the location seems to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarkley
If you invoke the "Open Linked Mail Message" script with a QuickSilver hotkey, then the script will open the message URL in QuickSilver. Telling the Finder to open the location seems to fix it.
Thanks for the report. I'll make that change in the next version.

Curt

Quote:
I can't speak to Omni's future plans, but I can say a bit about what is currently there.

Among many other things, MailTags allows you to open messages using special "message://…" URLs. I plan to post an update to my Mail link scripts later tonight that will create actions in Mail with these URLs embedded.

If you have MailTags installed, then even without my scripts you can:
  1. select a message in Mail
  2. choose Edit -> Copy Message URL
  3. create an action in OmniFocus
  4. paste the message URL into the note.

Now you can click that URL to open the associated message.

My updated scripts will just automate those steps.
I've got MailTags and have loaded your scripts and followed the instructions, but nothing seems to be showing up in my Inbox when I highlight a message in Mail and activate the script. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfallis@blackrockmarketi
I've got MailTags and have loaded your scripts and followed the instructions, but nothing seems to be showing up in my Inbox when I highlight a message in Mail and activate the script. Any ideas?
Hold down the option key while choosing the script from the script menu in Mail. That will open the script in Script Editor. Then click the Run button in the Script Editor window. It will probably give you an error message, which will give us a starting point for debugging.

Curt

Quote:
Hold down the option key while choosing the script from the script menu in Mail. That will open the script in Script Editor. Then click the Run button in the Script Editor window. It will probably give you an error message, which will give us a starting point for debugging.
Curt,

Thanks - I did what you suggested and the Script Editor indicated that I hadn't clicked the “Enable access for assistive devices" box in the Universal Access Preference pane. However, I had, in fact, checked this box (and restarted) so I'm still stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfallis@blackrockmarketi
Curt,

Thanks - I did what you suggested and the Script Editor indicated that I hadn't clicked the “Enable access for assistive devices" box in the Universal Access Preference pane.
What do you mean that "Script Editor indicated"? How did it do so? Did you get an error message in a sheet attached to the Script Editor window? Or did the Sys Pref pane open and an alert dialog appear?

Quote:
However, I had, in fact, checked this box (and restarted) so I'm still stuck.
What version of the OS are you running? Is it localized to a non-English language? Do you have version 0.5.1 of the scripts?

Have you tried changing the content inclusion mode of the script? That is, change this line:
Code:
property contentInclusionType : selectedText
to
Code:
property contentInclusionType : fullContent
This last thing will bypass the assistive devices check so we can see if the rest of the script works.

Curt

Two questions: 1. When using mailtags can you set project/context and date before sending it to OF like you can in iGDT? 2. Does anyone know about how MailTags might work w/ OS10.5? -thanks