The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Update linked images Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm generating some pdf images with another program, and want to link them together in an omnigraffle scheme.
Is there any way of getting the document to update when the linked images are themselves updated?

thx
miguel

If they are linked and not embedded, they should be updating automatically whenever the linked image is changed. Is that not happening on your end?

It wasn't, but I can't seem to reproduce it anymore, so I guess I was doing smth wrong.
Sorry and thx for the reply

I have the same issue. The images I place into OmniGraffle via Place > "Link to Image File" do not update when I modify and save them.

Some background: I essentially want to take individual omnigraffle canvases and compose them into a larger process flow. But I want the content in the process flow to update when I update the relevant canvases. Is there a better way to do this given that I'm working with OmniGraffle files exclusively?