The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Quick Entry running super slow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was curious if anyone has this issue? My Quick Entry box works like molasses. Launching it is slow (even when OF is already loaded), and when typing inside Quick Entry there is a serious lag (like the CPU is busy). It's come to the point of being unusable in my workflow.

Everything else on my Mac is zippy - but not Quick Entry.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

RT

Sorry for the trouble this is causing! I seem to remember there being a performance issue in previous versions when the inbox contained a large number of items, but I believe that's been fixed.

There is an open item on quick entry performance when there are a large number (more than a thousand, for example) projects in the database.

The best thing to do here is likely to email the support ninjas; we can run a 'sample' report on your machine that will give us information on exactly what code is being executed...

Thx Brian. I sent in an email.

RT

I have the same issue, with no items in the inbox.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with spell checking?