The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDazzle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

feature request: focuslayer Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
While looking for a FocusLayer replacement, I accidentally came acros OmniDazzle. I had already heard of it, but never thought of it as a potential FocusLayer replacement.

I was wondering if adding FocusLayer-like setting to OD is something you might consider? This would mean, switching on OD, and have it focus on one window or on one application only. With regards to focussing on one window, I really mean the entire window, so no border and no switching to other input fields.

Look forward to hearing from you on this.

Doesn't OmniDazzle's Focal Point already do this? Note, you can toggle how much focus it gives an app - so it won't focus on input areas for example unless you want it to. The only thing it won't do is let you use menus without changing the focus away from the app window (but that makes sense anyway).

The one usability flaw with it is that it doesn't shift focus to drawers or palette windows when you use them.

True, it sort of does that, and does it beautifully I must add. Thing is, it doesn't completely focus on just the window, like FocusLayer does, there's always a border around it. Secondly, when moving a window, it takes time for OD to catch up, which is somewhat distracting. If OmniDazzle had a setting that would just block all none-active applications, it would look much better in some situations. The menubar would be properly visible for one.

Minor details, it may seem, but then GUI preferences always are :D

You could always use La Chose Interactive's Doodim. Although, to get rid of the border, you can just go to the Configure window and change the Border opacity to 0.

ho ho ..right!