The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to delay all tasks in a project? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Just a quick question:

Is there an easy way to delay all tasks in a project by a day (or whatever)?

Due to unforeseen circumstances I occasionally need to delay a project with several tasks in it by a day or two? But I have been changing each task manually by a day which is quite tedious (especially when there are many tasks).

sorry if this has been covered (I had a brief search through the forum but couldn't find an answer).

Cheers

By "delay," do you mean change the start date or the due date? If you frequently find yourself changing due dates, you should rethink whether to use them at all. A due date should be used only when you have a commitment to finish an action or project by that date. If there are no consequences to missing the due date, the action or project wasn't really due by that date.

But to get down from my soapbox and answer the question: there are two ways to do this:

1. Select all the tasks and use the Action Inspector to enter the new start or due date.

2. Change the project's start or due date. Note that if an action has a due date that is sooner than the project due date, this won't work.