The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Need Fiscal Date Pattern Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone know of a way to change the date pattern in OmniPlan to support a pattern that is different than the calendar year? My corporation's fiscal year follows an April 1 thru March 31 date pattern, so presenting Gantt charts in a calendar year format for projects that span quarters and years is quite confusing for my people.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cy confuses fy audience.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	299  

Quote:
Originally Posted by technosapian View Post
Does anyone know of a way to change the date pattern in OmniPlan to support a pattern that is different than the calendar year? My corporation's fiscal year follows an April 1 thru March 31 date pattern, so presenting Gantt charts in a calendar year format for projects that span quarters and years is quite confusing for my people.
There isn't a way to set the date pattern in OmniPlan. Some users have asked for the ability to set fiscal quarters or academic semesters, so we have a feature request open for this. I'll add your vote and comments to the request.

I need need this functionality. My fiscal year starts July 1st.

Could use it myself. I constantly brief my schedules to an FY centric audience by telling them to add 1 to the CY qtr to get a FY qtr. When qtr = 4 in a CY, reset qtr to one, and add one to CY. They look at me like I have a third eye growing out of my head.

I wonder how many votes are needed with these things sitting in the feature request queue? I'd be glad to create a couple three hundred bogus accounts to help push it along? :)

Just kidding. Would really like to see this happen soon...

Higher education faculty tend to think in terms of academic years vs. calendar years, so add me to this request too. I'm worried, however, given it's been almost three years since this feature mentioned as possible.

I would also like this functionality. We plan Federal projects with years 10/1 through 9/30.

ME TOO! My work as a DoD contractor means I follow the Fed's fiscal calendar, not the normal calendar year.

Votes added for everyone. Thanks!

I really need to have this feature added as well.

Vote added. Thanks!