The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rebooting in the morning Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I notice when my MacBook awakens from sleep in the morning that a number of items that should have appeared in context views as now being "due soon" do not appear automatically. Quitting OF, then restarting it, solves the problem. The new "due soon" items then appear. Typically my Mac goes to sleep before midnight, and I default assign due times as 11:59pm. Have any others noticed this? Is this a bug or the function of some odd combination of preference settings? It could cause someone to miss an important item first thing in the morning.

I've generally made it a habit to restart every " pim" type program I use first thing in the morning . Some applications seem to have trouble recognizing a machine coming out of " sleep " mode as starting a new day.

It's probably worth filing a bug report using Help --> Send Feedback. The Omniscians may be able to detect wake-from-sleep and update the styling automatically.

Curt

that would be nice for a change ! something tells me it might be the OS itself that's not informing running apps that the day has changed when it first wakes from sleep mode ? I should review the console logs and see what it's saying during the time it was waking up.

I had this problem as well and was going back and forth with it in another thread. I solved it by doing a "Rebuild Database" under the File menu.

However, one thing to note: some actions' due/available date that were set up before you do this rebuild *may continue to not show up on time. The rebuild seems to work going forward.

Hope it works for you.

I spoke too soon. This problem has resurfaced now for the 3rd time. I am surprised that only a few people on the forums are having this issue.

Anyway, the support ninjas made a bug report, and they mentioned that it doesn't get much attention unless there is a group of people who are having this problem. If you are, please contact support and reference this bug report:
bug://bugs/51349

To reiterate the problem: Certain actions with due dates will not automatically update themselves as "due soon" with the appropriate badges and growl notification inside of 2 days out from their due date. (my pref setting) They will change, however, if there is an outside influence, such as restarting the program, checking an action in the same context or project, or changing the pref from 2 days to 3 and back to 2 again. Needless to say, it is disconcerting when OF is showing no actions due, restarting the program, and then actions suddenly reveal themselves as due tomorrow or even today.

Rebuilding the database does not fix the problem. I would like to hear if anyone else has experienced this, and please contact support if you have!

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needles27 View Post
Rebuilding the database does not fix the problem. I would like to hear if anyone else has experienced this, and please contact support if you have!
That would be disconcerting and certainly warrants some attention from Omni Group.

Having said that, however, I've never seen this problem myself. I have my due soon interval set to 1 week and everything seems to update reliably. I've even seen it happen right at midnight, right on the minute.

-Dennis