The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Real life use cases/workflows? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Having read the guide, the GTD white paper, and having a general idea of how this works, I was wondering - are there any step-by-step workflows out there so I can see how people actually use this?

For instance, something like

Beginning of day
- Open up OmniFocus. Go to forecast and check the tasks for the day.
- Assign any inbox items to projects.
- Go to projects and perform cleanup (reodering tasks/dates, putting projects on hold, etc).
- Go back to forecast and check to see that the task load is reasonable, if not move tasks to a future date or put on hold.

Getting things done
- Go to context mode and focus on the current context OR go to projects and focus on the project/folder you are currently working on. (my take is that people are primarily either project or context focused? with the exception of fairly advanced users)
- Check off items as day progresses.
- For new issues related to the current context, add them as items directly to context. Same with projects. Again, being more a project or context centric person perhaps dictates how you carry forward.
- A few times throughout the day, go back to forecast to check how day is progressing. Adjust as necessary.

End of day
- Review anything in review queue.

Last edited by brandall10; 2010-08-03 at 11:26 AM..