The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Injecting emails into OF iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I'm coming from blackberry and todomatrix. They had a nice feature of injecting emails into the app. Does OF have anything similar?

Thanks!

Disclaimer: I'm not an engineer, so take this with a grain of salt.

As far as I know, the iPhone SDK makes it fairly easy to send email from an app, but reading/processing messages is another matter. I think we'd have to basically add an email app to OmniFocus in order to do this. Third-party apps are mostly prevented from accessing each others' data as a security measure; we can't really read/interact with the messages in Mail.

That said, it never hurts to send email to the support ninjas and let them know you'd like to see this added in the future. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischka07 View Post
Hi all,

I'm coming from blackberry and todomatrix. They had a nice feature of injecting emails into the app. Does OF have anything similar?

Thanks!
Hi, I have the same problem is their any similar solution, for Omnifocus ?
Thanks in advance

Hi , i have the me problem am using as well BB and to do Matrix, hope you find similar solution.
Regards

If I understand whay you need, you should use "send-to-omnifocus": just send your mail to send-to-omnifocus@omnigroup.com, you'll receive back a mail with a "send-to-omnifocus" link, just click it, and it's done! your mail is clipped in OF.
Regards.
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jljab View Post
If I understand whay you need, you should use "send-to-omnifocus": just send your mail to send-to-omnifocus@omnigroup.com, you'll receive back a mail with a "send-to-omnifocus" link, just click it, and it's done! your mail is clipped in OF.
Regards.
JL
Thanks a lot really appreciated .
Gab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jljab View Post
Regards.
JL
Great solution but very limited in the size of the note text, example won't inject in notes the whole email just few lines and rest will not there !!!
is their is any other solution ?? Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaber View Post
Great solution but very limited in the size of the note text, example won't inject in notes the whole email just few lines and rest will not there !!!
There is a app eMailGanizer. In this app you can send an email to OF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaber View Post
The behavior depends on which link you use. In my experience, the link above the text (in the gray bar) injects the whole e-mail while the one below the text just adds the first couple of lines of the e-mail.

Another option to look into is the web service Spootnik. Specifically here, it offers a direct email address to send things / forward emails to. It works similarly to the send to omnifocus option from Omni, but doesn't require the response to that email.

Spootnik also give you a web interface you can view and interact with in any browser (read: access your OF database IN WINDOWS). Part of this also includes sync via WebDav.

If you are interested, it can also be used to sync with Basecamp...