The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

create new project in quickentry Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello!

I have two folders where i put my projects in, "private" and "work".

In the desktop version when I create a new task using the quickentry dialog i can directly create a new project in my work folder when i type something like this: "work:new project".

This does not seem to work in the iPad version, right? Or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Jens

You can click on the info tab for the new task, click on 'Move', and click on 'Convert to Project. You'll need to repeat the move to put the new project inside one of your folders.

Hi!

Yes, i know. But its a lot of taping and clicking.
Its very convenient to just type in something like "work:project" and have the new project filed under your work folder.

if its not in there now, i hope it will be added in the future.

thanks anyway.

Jens

Quote:
Originally Posted by reimannje View Post
its very convenient to just type in something like "work:project" and have the new project filed under your work folder.

If its not in there now, i hope it will be added in the future.
++1

We do have a feature request open on this; folks that are interested should email the support ninjas. (For info on why we do it this way, check here.)

Thanks!

+1 from me on this one!