The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Groundhog Day Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Here I am again ... back at work ... back at my mac ... back on the omni forums ... back staring at the same vacant pages devoid of the notification I so desire.

How many more days of this can I take!?

Call me Bill Murray!

Well you have good opportunity to learn piano and ice sculpting.....

... think how much MORE he would accomplish in his endless time loop if he had OmniFocus on his iPad!

God, yeah, this is ridiculous.

I checked the iTunes store before nipping out to the shop, and then again when I got back with the milk. This has been going on for too many days now. Before and after brushing teeth. To be fair, this is the one app that would justify my purchase of (my now beloved) iPad, but even so it's a bit crazy how obsessive one can get. I know it's not gonna be a panacea for my ADD issues but it's gotta help. I could never afford a Mac laptop and the iPhone app is just too tunnel-vision-y for a perpetual reviewer like me.

Right then - just going to check the store again before getting back down to the difficult business of prevarication.

/me crosses fingers - oh, no, they're still crossed from last time

Obligatory Mac-related Groundhog Day trivia: the movie's outdoor scenes were shot in Woodstock, IL, where Other World Computing is located. Woodstock is just up the road from where my brother lives, and killing time one evening on a visit, it was a lot of fun to go around the corner and suddenly be in "Punxsutawney" :)

I think I might just have to sign up on the mailing list as this obsession is certainly getting in the way of GTD!

I think the iPad has been an 'oh so nearly' work related item. I can do a bit of word processing and presenting on it but still very limited (on the work related side, I think Papers is one of the best apps ever for reading scientific journals, fully recommended!).

But ultimately the iPad is still a toy for me. I am very keen for that to change and I am hoping OmniFocus will be a step in that direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye_Doc View Post
I think I might just have to sign up on the mailing list as this obsession is certainly getting in the way of GTD!

I think the iPad has been an 'oh so nearly' work related item. I can do a bit of word processing and presenting on it but still very limited (on the work related side, I think Papers is one of the best apps ever for reading scientific journals, fully recommended!).

But ultimately the iPad is still a toy for me. I am very keen for that to change and I am hoping OmniFocus will be a step in that direction.
I thought the same thing until I got one. Now I can't imagine not having it. I take notes on it from every meeting and I create and deliver all of my presentations with the iPad. It's actually faster for me to create a Keynote presentation on my iPad than it is on my Mac. I have also been using it for GTD, and that should get even better now that I will have Omnifocus for iPad (once the app store is done torturing me).

I'm one step closer to computer-topia where I don't have a work PC that runs Windows and Lotus F-ing Notes. :eek:

It DOES feel like "Groundhog Day"! It's the morning of the 28th.....and here we go again! :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKaren View Post
It DOES feel like "Groundhog Day"! It's the morning of the 28th.....and here we go again! :rolleyes:
... except my App Store, blog and forum checks are increasing in frequency with each day that passes!

So then ... I'm now a professional concert pianist, an expert ice sculptor, fluent in a multitude of languages, a seasoned bank robber and serial womaniser.

Yet still ... no OF for iPad.

Where's Andie MacDowell when you need her?