The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't send crash reports Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Email from our serve is greylisted by OW email servers (new EXIM server and SO many IP's are tainted due to prior spam). If we can't use the built-in form to send crash reports, how do we get them to you?

Regards,
Eric

Greylisted isn't the same as blacklisted. Greylisted means the server says "I don't accept the mail now, but try again in [x] minutes, and I will accept." Which is what your mailserver will do, if it is configured normally. Spammers mostly won't, though, which is why some mail servers don't accept any mail at the first try. This doesn't mean that you are on some blacklist or something like that.

On the other hand, outgoing mail servers (smtp relays) that are configured in the "normal" way will only send back a mail to you if they weren't able to send the mail for some hours. So either you looked into the log of your own server, or the smtp relay you use is configured somewhat strangely ... ;-)

Best regards,

Christian

Since I run a hosting business, my server is configured correctly.

omniweb-5.6-crash@omnigroup.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<omniweb-5.6-crash@omnigroup.com>:
host omnigroup.com [198.151.161.1]: 450 <omniweb-5.6-crash@omnigroup.com>:
Recipient address rejected: Greylisted for 5 minutes:
retry timeout exceeded