The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

mpp2mpx file conversion issues Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Love the product! However we have run into a potential bugs related to opening MPP files: When opening some MPP files created in Project 2003 (WIN XP) I receive an "infinitely" repeating alert message:
"Alert attempted to look up the value for an unrecognized style attribute 'font-family' " - This error requires force quit to exit.

Generally, we have been running into several problems with the mpp2mpx converter rendering the scheduled items in the incorrect order or with incorrect timelines. Are there any known issues at this point with MPP conversion? I am working on determining a pattern for a repeatable error.

Hi,

Have you tried using http://ganttproject.sourceforge.net/ to import the MPP then save out as MPX then open with OmniPlan ? (FYI I think it uses a Java library http://mpxj.sourceforge.net/ to do the translations)

CHEERS
Poorly

Yes, there are some known issues (especially pre-beta 5). This specific one sounds somewhat familiar...if you've got a specific file or other info about reproducing it, please send us email at omniplan@omnigroup.com.

If you've got access to MSProject, try saving the project as XML instead of MPP -- we've had a better track record importing that file format.

I'm currently using beta 5 and am also having problems importing a MS Project file. The MS Project file was created using MS Project 2003 on a Windows XP system. I have been using GanttProject as a work around and that seems to work fine (import in GanttProject and then export to an .mpx file).

Would submitting the actual Project file be useful?

--Brian

LkwdBrian: yes please. Make sure to include the info you mentioned here, or a link to this forum topic.

I have tested the import using beta 7 and it works GREAT! Thank you!