The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Understanding styles & template... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
Fairly new to the Pro version-- Some experience with OG, but looking to make my use of it more efficient and consistent. What I ultimately want is a sort of "style sheet" for a particular use-- This would be some kind of template-like thing that could be used to generate new diagrams with certain available preset objects, text styles, etc. After all the reading and experimenting I've done so far, I find myself confused about what the best approach in OG is.

For examples, I've made some stencils for objects. I want to pre-define certain kinds of lines & labels too, so I've made stencils of those. But a stencil isn't applied the way a line is, it behaves more like a shape. In addition, when I put a line label on the line, it creates 2 separate items in the stencil, unless I group them. This is not really a problem, just seems like a line and its label would stay together by default.

From there, I want to be able to pre-define the text for those labels (color, font, orientation) and maybe a style for text notes or a title.

Is this best in a template or document style? Or something else? I can't really find anything like a "style library." Is there anything more robust than the little list that forms in the drop-down of a tool?

Many thanks,
Brian

Anyone out there? Thanks!

Sorry about this, Bheller! we collectively read the forums as we're able on top of our other duties, but we can't guarantee that someone from a given team will see a particular thread. In this case, someone saw it, but I'm not on the Graffle team and I don't know the answer you're looking for.

If you email the support ninjas, though, you're always guaranteed a timely answer from someone who will. Hope this helps. :-)