The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Leopard Widget Clipping Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey,
I read somewhere that the widget clipping feature in Leopard only works with Safari. It would be cool if Omniweb could do that, because I really don't feel like switching back. Thanks!

I'll second that - it would be cool if it's possible, especially since the Web Clip widget in dashboard just directs you to Safari.

This gets my vote! I just discovered the joys of this feature, and I can see that I'm going to have to be switching to safari a lot when I want to clip a page. It's inconvenient, especially when a login is required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMac View Post
This gets my vote! I just discovered the joys of this feature, and I can see that I'm going to have to be switching to safari a lot when I want to clip a page. It's inconvenient, especially when a login is required.
Hmm, I was going to say that web clips from pages that require you to login don't work, as I couldn't get any of them to work when I first tried this feature after Leopard shipped, but I just created one now (grabbed the news feed from my Facebook homepage), and lo, it works. I wonder if this got fixed in one of the 10.5 updates. Maybe they gave it the ability to use Safari's cookies?

I think Web Clips still need a couple of improvements. It would be nice if you could save them as widgets, and be able to close and recall them. I'd like to be able to give them a title as well, and have it appear at the top of the widget.

Last edited by Stormchild; 2008-06-20 at 05:32 AM..

Personally, I find WebClips utterly useless as they aren't saved. When you close them, they are gone for good. Stupid and pointless.

If they were proper widgets, then they would be great.