The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't get 'mail to OmniFocus' to work Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  • I'm using OS X 10.6.8, latest version
  • In OF prefs, "Add mail rule..." is checked, with the option "+omnifocus" before the @ sign" checked.
  • The account from which the mail was sent, is in the "Allowed From addresses"-list
  • I've sent the mail in question to someone, with the address "user+omnifocus@domain.com" in the BCC-field
  • With the option 'show full headers' in Mail, I can see that the mail was in fact received on this address.
  • In Mail prefs, the Send to OmniFocus rule is visible and activated
  • The mail message does not appear in OF, neither is it moved to the specified archive-folder
  • Manually activating [Message - Apply Rules] in Mail doesn't help.
  • I restarted both apps several times. I've tried it with both apps open and with either one closed. I restarted my machine.
  • No succes.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks.

Can't do it via bcc because the destination address doesn't appear in the header and the mail rule won't be triggered...if you need to hide the address, you need to use the option that matches against the subject line.

Thanks. Shame though, would be more elegant if the Apple Mail mechanism that triggers rules would look in the 'long headers' instead of just the visible fields.