The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1 minute WebDav Setup for Dreamhost Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey All -

If you are a dreamhost customer, it's really easy to set up WebDav.

If you are not a customer, I created a promo code: Save $50 off a year of hosting at Dreamhost

- Login to the control panel
- Click Goodies
- Click Htaccess/WebDAV
- Select one of your fully hosted domains
- Click setup a new directory
- Follow the instructions, be sure to add a password

That's it!

Don't forget to add "/" at the end of your URL in the desktop sync prefs.

Hi.

I just wanted to add that I was having some trouble setting this up because I had already been using another database on a local webdav server. If you need to MOVE your database to dreamhost, this is the way I managed to do it:

1. Export a copy of the database from OmniFocus as an OmniFocus document. Use the default name "OmniFocus.ofocus"
2. FTP into mydomain.com and create a new folder called "dav"
3. Upload the OmniFocus.ofocus file to the dav directory.
4. Follow 'Mauronic's instructions from the original post in this thread.
5. You'll need to update your sync settings for all client computers and iphones at this point. If anything goes wrong, you still have the backup copy of OmniFocus.ofocus that you can revert to.

Good luck!

Hi all,

I've followed the instructions to the letter but can't get it to work - I continually get a "can't connect to host" error. I assume that I'm doing something wrong but can't figure out where.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contact the support ninjas and we can help.

Specifically, we can take a look at your sync logs and see exactly where/why this is failing. It's not something that other forum users want to wade through, though. :-)

what are the recommended settings in DH?