The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Brilliant Life-Saver App! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
At first, I was disappointed to discover that iPhone would not sync my Exchange task lists :-(

Then, after browsing the App Store for stop gap alternatives, and discovering OmniFocus, and GTD, I am grateful to Apple for leaving it out. This brilliant little app, in conjunction with GTD principles and general iPhone convenience, has turned out to be a "life-saver" for me; a perfect fit with my needs, and worth the iPhone investment alone :-)

I have been using OmniFocus for iPhone extensively since the 1.0 release, and have never experienced any serious problems or data loss. The frequent crashes during use are annoying, but not critical, and certainly not unique to OmniFocus. I am actually very satisfied with the way OmniFocus preserves input data and state information, and always returns me directly to the same page I was viewing before the app crashed.

As a former professional software developer, and now an "Agile" project manager, I am impressed with what you have achieved so far, in a relatively short time frame, on a brand new technology platform. I trust you to "rush slowly" with new features, and never, never to compromise on stability and robustness in new releases! I am long past the stage where I can afford to loose my new external "trusted memory".

With so much at stake, I am playing it safe, reading all precautions in the forums, syncing to MobileMe, and taking frequent backups of the sync directory. I have not dared to download and sync with the Mac version yet. I guess I will do one day, but not until I am 100% convinced that the sync solution is waterproof! I have had my share of hick-ups with ActiveSync and other sync solutions in the past, and prefer to be a late adopter in this area.

Summing it up, I am very pleased with your decision to bring OmniFocus to iPhone, and your efforts to resolve issues and make enhancements. Please express my thanks to the whole team!

Cheers,
Einar

Thanks, Einar. It's always great to hear when we've created something that people really like.