The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

rss feeds Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Under Bookmark info for an rss feed, one can specify the frequency of checking for changes. One of the choices is "default" but I don't know what that setting is. Can someone explain?

Also, using the OSX Command-tab to move from application, the number of unread rss feed items is shown. Is there anyway to mark ALL or groups of rss feeds as read?

Thanks,
Harvey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Leff View Post
Under Bookmark info for an rss feed, one can specify the frequency of checking for changes. One of the choices is "default" but I don't know what that setting is. Can someone explain?

Also, using the OSX Command-tab to move from application, the number of unread rss feed items is shown. Is there anyway to mark ALL or groups of rss feeds as read?

Thanks,
Harvey
I think the default is the one you can set under the preferences Bookmarks tab for checking bookmarked pages.

You can control click on a folder to mark all as read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Leff View Post
<snip>

Thanks,
Harvey
The way I do it : Open bookmark page (Cmd-B) > right-click the RSS feed (or it's parent) > Choose 'Mark As Viewed'.

Of course you also can select multiple feeds and then right-click. That works, too. Not sure if there's a way without opening the bookmark page.

Cheers,
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertom View Post
…Not sure if there's a way without opening the bookmark page…
Works in Favorites as well.

Oops, you already answered the question, Derek. I just read the first part and thought the second part remained unanswered.

o/
Thomas

I learned that control clicking on a folder with RSS feeds brings up the option "Check For Changes." This is excellent.