The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Opening OmniFocus document" mini-window Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OK....got an interesting one here.

When I launch OmniFocus, sometimes I get a little mini-window (whatever it's called) that says "opening OmniFocus document." This mini-window goes away pretty quickly. However, when I enable Spaces, and then launch OF, that little window stays there. To get rid of it, I must close OF and relaunch.

If I disable Spaces, all works fine. I can duplicate this behavior 100% of the time.

Even with Spaces *disabled* I've seen the little transparent progress indicator get stuck open on rare occaissions. It seems to happen for me when there is lots of disk activity (like right after having logged into my account). Although I should stress that it's not a regular thing. It is very infrequent and difficult to reproduce on my machine.

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-05-15 at 07:10 AM..

i've had persistent cases of this 'opening omnifocus window' hanging on me and in fact am experiencing it now every time i open. its not even loading and i can't figure out what to do with it. will try upgrading OF to the latest release.

I wonder if perhaps your database cache has become corrupted? You might try removing the directory ~/Library/Caches/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus and see if that allows OmniFocus to start successfully. I would then do a File->Rebuild Database... command if it does, just to be safe.