The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Role of Default Workspace Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would have assumed that the Default workspace would be loaded automatically when you restart your browser. However, it does not -- the last workspace open when you close your browser is opened instead. So, I'm not sure what the point of the default workspace is. Can someone clarify this?

It would be nice to be able to specify a workspace to open every time you started OW.

The only thing special about the default workspace is that it's the only one installed when you first launch OmniWeb.

I wouldn't be against making this workspace special in some other way though if people have suggestions.

The problem I see with opening your last-used workspace by default is that if it has a ton of tabs, and you are just interested at hopping onto a specific site, it will really bog things down loading a bunch of tabs from your last browsing session that you no longer need.

You can always hold shift down to launch into a fresh workspace on launch.