The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

PDF attachments Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Should I be able to sync PDF attachments from OmniFocus 1.7.3 on SnowLeopard 10.6.1 to OmniFocus for iPhone 1.5.3 using WebDAV? It's not working for me. The attachment does now show up on the iPhone 3GS running OS 3.1.

Last edited by ilia; 2009-09-17 at 11:05 AM..

Works for me. A few things to watch for:
  • You've got to be sure to embed the file, not link to it. Hold down the option key while dragging the file to the note, or select the Embed option if using the Edit->Attach File... command
  • If you embed a file in a note, it doesn't appear in the Notes display on the iPhone/iPod, but rather down at the bottom of the window (you'll have to scroll to get to it) there are some buttons for attachments, plus the file name of any attachment(s) and tapping the filename will display the file.

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2009-09-18 at 01:48 PM..

I've embedded the file in the Note and made sure to use the Option key when dragging the file to the note. I verified by right-clicking on the file and choosing "Reveal in Finder". Finder opens to an "attachments" folder in a tmp directory. I click the Sync button. Then I click the sync button on the iphone app. Still the attachment does not appear.

Seems to be working for me when I do the following:
  1. Option-drag the attachment into the note field on the Mac
  2. end my edit session by clicking out of the note pane
  3. hit sync on Mac
  4. hit sync on iPhone - wait a bit as the file is synced over
  5. tap action to open detail screen, scroll to bottom, see attachment.

Maybe the text cursor is still active in the note field, so the edit hasn't been finalized?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilia View Post
I've embedded the file in the Note and made sure to use the Option key when dragging the file to the note. I verified by right-clicking on the file and choosing "Reveal in Finder". Finder opens to an "attachments" folder in a tmp directory. I click the Sync button. Then I click the sync button on the iphone app. Still the attachment does not appear.
Are you waiting until the sync on the desktop machine finishes before telling the iPhone to sync?

It worked after I reset the database on the iPhone OmniFocus.

thanks everyone for your help.