The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mailtags support?? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean
there is some code in this applescript that will check to make sure assistive devices is turned on:
Thanks. I'll included that check in the next version.

Is this code that you wrote? I want to credit the author in the script.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeles
What would be very useful is to be able to synchronise OmniFocus Projects to MailTags.
Can you say more about why that would be useful? I don't immediately see why one would want to track to-do items and projects in MailTags if you already have OmniFocus. That just seems like unnecessary duplication, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
Thanks. I'll included that check in the next version.

Is this code that you wrote? I want to credit the author in the script.
Nope. I got that code from some other source... which is now nameless.

probably found it here:
http://macscripter.net/

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
Can you say more about why that would be useful? I don't immediately see why one would want to track to-do items and projects in MailTags if you already have OmniFocus. That just seems like unnecessary duplication, but perhaps I'm missing something.
Curt, scratch that suggestion. You're right. Without completely syncing of all relevant details in both directions between OmniFocus and MailTags, it does become a duplication of work.

It would be nice if OmniFocus and MailTags had transparent syncing between them, but that's possibly something that OmniFocus should handle rather than doing it manually via Applescripts.

Hi Curt:

when running directly from script editor the line:
click menu item "Copy" of menu "Edit"

was highlighted.

Greetings,

Rolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf_schmolling
when running directly from script editor the line:
click menu item "Copy" of menu "Edit"

was highlighted.
Rolf,

Any chance you're running a German version of the OS? Or more directly, does your version of Mail have a menu named "Edit" with an item named "Copy" within it?

Curt

Hi Curt, yes I'm running German OSX (10.4.10) indeed. so it would have to be changed to menu "Bearbeiten" and item "Kopieren"…

I am stumped: I thought the commands were interlingual (applescript most of the time sounding somewhat English and the libraries of (German) program-versions were English as well?

Greetings from ol' Europe (Hamburg, Germany)

Rolf

(PS: will be on holiday 18-07-07 til 25-07-07)

Rolf,

The offending line is using GUI scripting that simulates what the user would do with the mouse. This bypasses the Applescript dictionary of the application. So in this particular case the script text has to match the actual menu text. I suspect the script will work if you edit that line to use the German text.

Curt

Hi Curt,

yes it works now. Learned sth. new. A pity that this is not possible in another way?

(Probably should update the information which came with the script for users with another system language than English)

Greetings and many Thanks,
Rolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf_schmolling
Hi Curt,

yes it works now. Learned sth. new. A pity that this is not possible in another way?

(Probably should update the information which came with the script for users with another system language than English)

Greetings and many Thanks,
Rolf
I'm glad that worked. I don't know of another way to accomplish the "selection" content inclusion mode.

Should I perhaps make the default content inclusion mode be something besides "selection"? The other modes don't require editing the script and I would prefer that novice scripters can use the scripts easily.

At any rate, I'll add properties for the name of the "Edit" menu and the "Copy" command, so they are easier to localize.

Curt