The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Switching to android. Am I the only one tired with Apple? Any ideas for my problem? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainInside View Post
Hey guys,
I love OmniFocus, I have been using it from over a year. But, I got tired of iPhone, really. I don't know why but it started to be a pain in my butt, Apple pisses me of with its politics, and it's to expensive to have an iPhone. Come on... $85 is the cheapest option and it has only 1GB of data? Each additional GB is $15... T-mobile has unlimited data for $30. I almost don't call, I switched everything to email and google voice, I avoid calls as much as possible. Plus there is 2 year contract if you want to have an iPhone. On the other hand T-Mobile has no contract and it is super cheap. Unlimited data for $30, monthly payments, no contract, first 5GB is 4G...
Also I'm using more Google solutions than in the past. I would love to see OmniFocus on Android. I could even pay 2nd time for it. There is so huge market, why Omni Group don't want to do this?
I need a data plan for sure, not 4G, but 3G is enough for my needs.
I also find out a new very promising GTD soft called IQTELL which is integrated with Gmail, google cal, Evernote and stuff, but it's still in beta.

I don't want to switch from OmniFocus, but really, iPhone is too expensive.

Do you guys want to join the discussion? Thanks for your opinions and ideas...
I have just got rid of all my i products in favour of a samsung note 2 and it is brilliant, it would be even more brilliant with omnifocus, even if omnifocus was web based / crome etc.. because you could log on with your computer then or use on windows phone, ALL of the android task apps are terrible, the best probably any.do but it is just nowhere near powerful enough, I would quite happily pay again for the android app, I suppose omni have enough money so dont need to make another platform app!

If cost is your primary issue, you probably do not have a long future with Apple.

I agree, sometimes Apple greatly annoys me; most recently with the new Mac Pro (what a joke). But, you really have to make a choice among ecosystems, not brands. OF is part of the Apple ecosystem and that doesn't seem likely to change anytime soon. It's just a question of priorities; which is more important to you: cost, or OF and other Apple-only apps?

I carry both an iPhone and a Galaxy S4. There are things I like and dislike about both. But, the ultimate issue is which ecosystem I want to play in. For me, that is Apple, for lots of reasons (including OF). Were I solidly using all of the Google apps and services, I would make a different choice.