The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Disk Image unrecognized / or corrupt Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Has anyone else received an "Mounting Failed" error after downloading OmniOutliner Pro? I was able to download regular Outliner. But when I tried both the regular and alternative download links I get the same error. I also get it when I try to open the .DMG file.

I'm running OS 10.4 on a 1.67 G4 Powerbook -- which shouldn't be a problem.

I was able to download (and mount) both OmniOutliner and OmniOutliner Pro just now without any trouble, using OmniWeb on a Macbook running 10.4.11. Did you look in your console log to see if there were any diagnostic messages there when you attempt to open the .dmg file? Here's what I get for file size and checksum in the Terminal, do you get the same?
Code:
MacBook:~/Desktop$ ls -l OmniOutlinerPro-3.6.5.dmg
-rw-r--r--   1 XXX  XXX  12126417 Jun 23 16:25 OmniOutlinerPro-3.6.5.dmg
MacBook:~/Desktop$ sum OmniOutlinerPro-3.6.5.dmg
1847 11843 OmniOutlinerPro-3.6.5.dmg

Generally, when this happens, the disk image is being mounted before the file has completely downloaded. Either because the file is still downloading, or because the net connection/wi-fi link got dropped, or if the machine went to sleep prematurely.