The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Add time stamp? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

Just discovered that I have Outliner Basic in My iMAC. Watched all demo movies on line. Beautiful! Everything is so professionaly done, a lot of capabilities.
I am salesman with bad memory so I need to make quick notes when somebody calls in. So far I was using PC with Ever Notes with built in auto date/time and timeline time on the right side of the window.
Now I finally got away from PC and asking myself why didn't I switch earlier? Love my iMAC. It is not computer, it is artwork of computer.

Now we come to the question. I will organize my Outliner to have month as a header, day as subheader and obviously individual notes as child entries to day. I'll also add columns FOLLOW UP and COMPLETED with checkmark boxes to make things even more functional.
Is it possible to format child entry (after you press ENTER for new note) to automatically insert time? There is INSERT TIME STAMP and INSERT DATE STAMP function in EDIT menu but that is not automatic but rather either mouse or shortcut entry.
I'll gladly upgrade to PRO version if there is function like that there.

Regards,
Zack (Canada)