The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cloning commonly used action sets Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For Projects of a type that recur, I create a template Project, duplicate and rename it, and that works pretty well. Sometimes I have an existing Project that later needs to borrow a set of Actions from some other Project (template or otherwise).

The best I've come up with so far is as follows; any other ideas are welcome.

Duplicate the project I want to borrow from, select the Actions I want to borrow, reassign their Project using the Inspector, then delete the remaining duplicated project.

What I was grasping for was to select Actions, Copy, select a Project, then use a command like: "Paste Actions into Project".

Bob

Last edited by omnibob; 2009-01-14 at 12:11 PM..

You can basically do all this now, although you will need to add one additional step at the end:

1) Working in planning node, select the actions that you want to borrow (copy) from the project template.
2) Select the project that you want to receive the copied actions and paste.
3) You will now see the target project along with all the pasted actions, still selected, appearing as projects. Just click on the selected list of "projects" (pasted actions) and drag them onto the target project.
4) The copied actions will now appear as actions in the target project.

We have an existing feature request open on the ability to define project templates. Interested parties should shoot an email to the support ninjas (under the help menu) and ask to have their email attached to that item in our request tracking database.