The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Creating a specific diagram style Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I'm new to OG, but seem to be picking it up rather quickly. However, I'm trying to do two distinct things and can't seem to find any documentation on either.

1. Forcing OG to append outline numbers to the beginning of each title. So that each new child gets 1.1 Topic, 1.2 Topic, 1.3 Topic etc, and siblings get 2.0 Topic, 3.0 Topic etc.

Is this possible to be done dynamically, so if I modified the order of something, it would automatically change the numbers.

and much more importantly,

2. I'm trying to create a diagram style that will cause children into a vertical line rather than horizontal, with their children simply being indented slightly. I'm attaching two examples that I built by hand, and that a friend showed me. But I haven't been able to get the diagram style to actually do this dynamically.

Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	888
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	847
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	145  

I'm looking for precisely the same solutions. Email me if you've found it since posting this thread.

have you guys had any success with this? I'd love to set up a solution exactly like #2

I can't view the images for some reason (it keeps asking me to login in a never-ending cycle...), but I think that the 2nd point is what I've just posted about here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=3920

I'm hoping there's a way to do this as it'd save me so much time!

Thanks,

Ste

Okay, the 2nd picture did open (the 1st one didn't), and although it's kind of similar to what I'm after, it's not quite the same look as I'm trying to achieve.

Thought he theme of laying out children vertically (in rows) is there.

Any ideas anyone?

Ste

Any solutions to this? Im needing both, but number 1 is a priority right now.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock31 View Post
Hello,

I'm new to OG, but seem to be picking it up rather quickly. However, I'm trying to do two distinct things and can't seem to find any documentation on either.

1. Forcing OG to append outline numbers to the beginning of each title. So that each new child gets 1.1 Topic, 1.2 Topic, 1.3 Topic etc, and siblings get 2.0 Topic, 3.0 Topic etc.

Is this possible to be done dynamically, so if I modified the order of something, it would automatically change the numbers.

and much more importantly,

2. I'm trying to create a diagram style that will cause children into a vertical line rather than horizontal, with their children simply being indented slightly. I'm attaching two examples that I built by hand, and that a friend showed me. But I haven't been able to get the diagram style to actually do this dynamically.

Any thoughts?

How does one have OG dynamically prepend the outline number in front of the title?