The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Private betas/SP available to forum users? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
We just have to rethink it a little, it wont be going away.
Thanks! Again, AFAIK no other browser features zoomed text editing.

I don't want to see feature go away, either. But I'm hoping that the non-standard (i.e. non-webkit) aspects can be implemented in a way that allows for OW to keep pretty current with webkit.

The problem here is that text areas and other form elements no longer use the cocoa elements that WebKit has used in the past and instead uses it's own thing. It is these form elements that played a big part in our decision to stop updating WebKit at 13302 for 5.5. We just have to get friendly with these new form elements and updating WebKit should become much easier with little or no breakage--of course big new changes introduced into WebKit can change that, there isn't anything else at the moment though.

Also, we're still very close to a sneaky peek, stay tuned!