The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clearing history takes forever Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Why do I get a half-hour beachball party when I clear the history?

It sucks so much that I just end up force-quitting OmniWeb and deleting the index files myself from the app support folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Why do I get a half-hour beachball party when I clear the history?

It sucks so much that I just end up force-quitting OmniWeb and deleting the index files myself from the app support folder.
I second that, even 7 days worth of light browing takes 30 seconds and lots of CPU to clear.

Maybe you dudes should spend less time on the iNTRaWeB and more time outside with other human beings. You'll see the wait time to clear your history reduced significantly!

The "Clear history" function definitely is slooooow. It's nearly as bad as closing the prefs window in Opera.
frankiec: So helpful!