The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find in selection? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

how do I find something in a selection? I copied a list from a website and now everything start with a *. I want to select the rows with a * and search and replace it with nothing. But it doesn't work. Search in the whole document and replacing in the whole document, doesn't work as expected either. I just can remove a few (but don't ask how I did it because I don't know :-) )

BTW in a row with multiple lines I can't use the option-drag (like in TextEdit) to use block selection. Well I can use it, but I don't see what gets selected and I delete things I don't want.

Thanks,

Sjmielh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmielh
how do I find something in a selection? I copied a list from a website and now everything start with a *. I want to select the rows with a * and search and replace it with nothing. But it doesn't work. Search in the whole document and replacing in the whole document, doesn't work as expected either. I just can remove a few (but don't ask how I did it because I don't know :-) )
You should be able to do this without a problem.
Command-F
Find string "*" (w/o quotes)
Replace with " "
Then "Replace All" or "Replace & Find"

Are you only having this problem with a particular document? If so, send an email to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com and attach the file so I can take a look at it.

I have filled a bug report about the option-drag display bug. Thanks for reporting this.

I tried it today and the search and replace worked. Thanks

Sjmielh