The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.8 sneaky peeks are now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
Yes, it would be great if we have the project show up when there is no action item associated with it (as long as there are items, even future items, it wouldn't show up), that way we can take action on the project (add a new task, hold, drop, etc.).
You should be able to do that now:

If you switch your Availability filter to "Available" (using View->Availability Filter->Available or the View bar), projects and groups won't appear until all their tasks have been completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stinson View Post
One question: Now in Context view, all of my projects are showing up in the "No Context" list. Since Projects can not be assigned a context, how do you clear this up? Is this normal with the new changes?
You can right-click on a project to set its context, or just drag it onto a context on the sidebar to move it into that context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
You should be able to do that now:

If you switch your Availability filter to "Available" (using View->Availability Filter->Available or the View bar), projects and groups won't appear until all their tasks have been completed.
Ken,

This is great! Now this makes the whole workflow much more manageable and nothing slips through the cracks!

I know it took awhile, but 1.8 update has been worthwhile the wait!

Ken

I apologize for repeating myself, but is there anyway not to have the projects show up as having "no context" I can't assign a context to a project because it may include phone calls, mac work, email, etc. My real concern is in doing my GTD weekly review I go through my action lists (contexts) and catch anything I may not have assigned a context to it. I don't want to review projects until further in my review. I know that not everyone using omnifocus is implementing GTD, but for those of us who are, this makes the review a little more difficult. By the way love desktop and iphone products and how well they're integrated. Thanks

Last edited by cashdollar; 2010-02-17 at 06:25 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussommer@mac.com View Post
how to enable the beloved URL quickentry feature?
I've posted some instructions on the Send to OmniFocus Bookmarklet page.

Last edited by Ken Case; 2010-02-17 at 06:28 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek.salomon View Post
I am still confusing when I set the Project filter to All Projects I see also dropped folders. The dropped projects are removed by moving to archive, but not the dropped folders.
How can I fix it to remove the dropped folders?
You can permanently remove dropped folders by right-clicking on them and selecting Delete (or clicking on them and pressing the Delete key). Same with dropped contexts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashdollar View Post
Is there anyway not to have the projects show up as having "no context" I can't assign a context to a project because it may include phone calls, mac work, email, etc. My real concern is in doing my GTD weekly review I go through my action lists (contexts) and catch anything I may not have assigned a context to it. I don't want to review projects until further in my review.
If you don't have another context that makes more sense for a project, you can create a Review context and assign your project to it. (To assign a project to a context, see my earlier post.)

(If you don't want to see your Review context all of the time, you can place that context on hold.)

Unfortunately, it seems that Single-Action Lists are being counted in the "No Context" counter, despite the release notes indicating these won't show up in the Contexts (and of course don't).

It took me a while to figure out why my "No Context" count was still up around 11, even though I couldn't seem to get anything else to appear in there no matter what view settings I picked.

For now, I've assigned contexts to all of my Single-Action lists in the Inspector just to keep that count from distracting me, but the current behaviour seems like a bug, since we're effectively showing a count for something that will never appear in that category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I've posted some instructions on the Send to OmniFocus Bookmarklet page.
Sorry to be off-topic, but I have never been able to get this to work. Does it only work in Safari? I'm using Firefox.

It successfully calls up Omnifocus, but it's just whatever view I was looking at prior. There's no task created, no quick entry form, nothing.

that worked (setting the project context to "review", but it does require an extra step for each project created. Just curious why was the decision to include projects in the contexts lists, when projects can't be done, while actions can?

Thanks again