The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Omni Graffle Slow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Recently I have tried to move some white boxes with my mouse in Omni-graffle OmniGraffle 5.3.6 v138.33 and they are really slow to move.

This also happens when I try to move the canvas around with my mouse

Yet if I use the keys to move the box around their is no lag or delay.

I am been using OmniGraffle for years and this is the first time I have encountered this problem.

I have a MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.8 and a iMac on 10.7.2 and the same issue regardless of system of interface device…*(track pad or Mouse)

Any ideas?

I found that when I removed the variables weight and height for all of the boxes on the canvas the lag disappeared.

I see this as a bug since I only had 5 boxes on the canvas showing the weight and height variable and yet it completely slowed down the program.

Looks like it might be labels with variables in general; I reproduced this using the page number variable.

You get a little bit of motion as you start to drag the shape, then the outline freezes in place and doesn't move until you release the mouse or trackpad button.

You should use Help->Send Feedback in OmniGraffle to send in a bug report. Omni says reports or requests with more feedback get a priority boost.

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2012-02-03 at 10:27 AM..