The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gripes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Williams
What seems to be presenting this message? Is OW launching then showing you the message (then quitting), or is the Finder giving you the message without launching OW at all?
It +seems+ to be the Finder: the message is "this application cannot launch from this location", presumably if it were Omni, the name of the program would be given. B. t. w., I checked the permissions on the folder in question, and that's not the issue.

I like the 5.5b1 speed and overall performance. Much better. Though minor, I also have a problem with the positioning of my window. The Window-->Save Window Size command only saves my window size, but does not save the position. It always opens up on the left size of my screen. It's annoying, but has been a problem for every version of OW I have used, regardless of the computer. This cannot be an isolated problem.

You mentioned that you keep (or want to keep) OW in that folder with a few other browsers. Can you launch those others from there? I assume so, but just to be explicit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by danasutton@mac.com
It +seems+ to be the Finder: the message is "this application cannot launch from this location", presumably if it were Omni, the name of the program would be given. B. t. w., I checked the permissions on the folder in question, and that's not the issue.

Can you give us the exact path that you're trying to open OmniWeb up at?