The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anyone get theirs yet? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by najt
I got the email and I'm using OmniFocus right now.

I feel so special :)
I would feel more special if you posted your thoughts, a mini review, initial impressions.

Anything to get me through till I get the email.

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia
I would feel more special if you posted your thoughts, a mini review, initial impressions.

Anything to get me through till I get the email.

BZ
I've been toying with it for some time now and tough it's still very alpha I'm impressed. What you saw in Ethan's video is what you get. Still lots of bugs and missing features. I can't seem to attach files to tasks yet, no repeating tasks, can't set a due date. Love the nested context's and parallel tasks.

Anyway, ask if want me to try something specific or some feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by najt
I've been toying with it for some time now and tough it's still very alpha I'm impressed. What you saw in Ethan's video is what you get. Still lots of bugs and missing features. I can't seem to attach files to tasks yet, no repeating tasks, can't set a due date. Love the nested context's and parallel tasks.

Anyway, ask if want me to try something specific or some feature.
- Did you import your kGTD? Did it do projects/contexts/history/archive?
- Is syncing to iCal in this build?
- Can you easily move around using the keyboard?
- Did you try the quick entry thing? Easier than Quicksilver?
- Exporting options?
- Preferences?
- What is the coolest thing in the release we DIDN'T see in the video?
- When will my email come?

BZ

Quote:
I don't know about coolest feature, but project status can be one of Active, Completed, On hold, or Dropped. I think this is really quite good for those of us who like to keep track of things which didn't happen as expected. Who knows when a dropped project might get picked up again, or recycled into something else?

Quote:
- Did you import your kGTD? Did it do projects/contexts/history/archive?
No. Stopped using kGTD some time ago

Quote:
- Is syncing to iCal in this build?
Yes, it has a Publish to Ical option. It's just a script that syncs to one calendar.

Quote:
- Can you easily move around using the keyboard?
Yes, every single thing has a keyboard shortcut.

Quote:
- Did you try the quick entry thing? Easier than Quicksilver?
I was skeptical towards it at first, but it's excellent. You can set the project, context, duration, star it and add a note quite easy with the keyboard. It also displays how much tasks are in you inbox.

Quote:
- Exporting options?
Yeah, you can export your database in a OmniFocus "container".

Quote:
- Preferences?
Nothing yet. Quickentry keyboard shortcut, autoclean and app autoupdate.

Quote:
The download link ;)

Quote:
- When will my email come?
Two days later than before you asked this question ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiramNetherlands
Here in the city of Utrecht, the Netherlands, 400.000 inhabitants, OmniFocus is as yet nowhere to be seen. Focusless and thus miserably omnidirectional, inhabitants are obsessively checking their e-mail. Public life has come to a standstill.

Some of us have houses to renovate, and weddings to plan. Some are plotting to overthrow the monarchy. Down with the queen! Some are actually working, and hoping to get paid for their efforts one day. All of them are in dire need of an elusive piece of software from the USA.

Minutes crawl by, hours pass, and more coffee is consumed. Through the vapours, in the distance, something seems to be approaching, ever so slowly, the old continent. Is it a car? No. Is it a plane?
Here on the hills of old Buckinghamshire, the brave people of Albion are also on the lookout, seeking over the horizon, trying to focus, as it were.

At least until the pubs open...

In the meantime, Ethan has posted another video ...

http://kinkless.com/article/omnifocus_parallel

So I'm signed up on the beta list and have been lurking here for a while. Who do I talk to in order to get a download link?

We've been sending download links to people in the order they registered to the beta mailing list. We sent links and passwords to a small group of people on Monday and a larger group yesterday. We'll continue to work through the list and hopefully you'll be hearing from us soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
We'll continue to work through the list and hopefully you'll be hearing from us soon!
I watched Ethan's walkthroughs perhaps a dozen times now... always with one eye on my email inbox. It's been two days! And I'm not getting anything done!

Tantalizing is the word.