The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF in a team Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

i use OF and i would like to use it in a team, does OF support delegating tasks?
how does it work? does it actually work?

how is this feature called in OF so i can look it up myself?

thanks a lot,
jirka

This is not a feature of OmniFocus. I do believe that this has been requested, but I've never seen any indication from the OmniGroup that they intend to implement anything along these lines. Cultured Code has indicated that this will eventually be a feature of 'Things', but based on the current state of that application, I wouldn't hold my breath.

The only thing way i have been able to keep track of delegated tasks is with by creating a context, i.e. create a context with a delegate's name in it. That is the only way I have found to keep track of it.

Hi Jirka,

Maybe this one is something for you:
I put a little service called Spootnik (http://www.spootnik.net) together which synchronizes Basecamp directly with OmniFocus. Each one keeps it's own OmniFocus database with his private/business tasks and share some of them (mostly business tasks) over Basecamp.

Spootnik is currently in private beta. If you like to test-drive it you can sign up here http://www.spootnik.net/signup.html and join the private beta crew.

Best regards,
Lars

OmniFocus is used as a personal task management program for individuals.

I believe OmniPlan is better suited for delegation and larger scale projects.

Things has a long way to go to catch up with OmniFocus. Thing's user interface is what has the current wow factor. Beyond that, I'm sticking with OmniFocus.