The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Opening windows on launch, and other issues re slow Mac Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So, my Mac is a little slow. This causes some issues with Omnifocus, that I wanted to ask about:

- Is there a way to keep OmniFocus from launching with the set of windows that were up when it shut down? In a day of using OmniFocus, I may open several windows, and I tend not to close them. Each one takes several seconds to open, and that's fine when I'm opening one window at a time.

However, if I quit with all those windows open, and then reopen, I may have to wait a minute or more for Omnifocus to finish launching. I'd be happier if it just opened to some single default perspective, and "forgot" all the other windows.

- When Omnifocus is busy, it appears to be impossible to bring it forward. So if I launch Omnifocus, then go to look at a web page because I know it will take a minute, then click on Omnifocus in my tool bar, Omnifocus won't come up, presumably because it doesn't have any spare cycles to bring itself forward(?). But this means that I can't go back to Omnifocus and watch it until it finishes - instead, I have to keep clicking on it to see if it's finshed.

- I know that when I'm viewing some tasks, I can double-click on a task to open a new window, focused on that task's project. However, this happens slowly enough that I sometimes wonder if I double-clicked, and I double-click again, and there I go opening more windows. Is there any more explicit way to open this focused window, such as an alt-click-popdown menu or a menu item?

Gardener

This is not what you asked, but have you tried using that consolidate the database script? It made a huge difference for my performance.

Lucas - do you mean "REBUILD DB" in the FILE menu or is there another script out there I should try?

No, I meant the coalesce database script that you can find on these forums.

ok thanks I'll try that - OF runs very slowly on my G5 and rebuilding never seems to do that much for it.