The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using Growl to trigger Reminders [Alarms] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have only been trying out OmniFocus for a short time so my question might have obvious answers. First, can OmniFocus send a reminder when a task is almost due? Sometimes I need a reminder :-). Second, I don't really understand flags. An item can be flagged or unflagged, but what if I want the flag to carry more information than just that the item is flagged? Can there be different types of flags?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebow View Post
First, can OmniFocus send a reminder when a task is almost due? Sometimes I need a reminder :-).
Yes, if you install the separate Growl application.

Quote:
Can there be different types of flags?
Not currently.

Curt

[QUOTE=curt.clifton;30323]Yes, if you install the separate Growl application.

This is more a Growl question, but I am sure you will know the answer. I do have Growl installed, and several application enabled, but how do I add OmniFocus. Apparently not by using drag and drop, and I have forgotten how I added the original bunch.

Thanks.

Ed

With Growl installed, simply launching OmniFocus should cause it to register with Growl. Then from the Growl preference pane (in System Preferences) you can check whether you want OF notifications to appear, plus other finer-grained preferences.

Curt

Thanks. Works perfectly now.

Anyone know how to get a copy of Growl? I've been meaning to try it for months, and just decided to do so today, but every link I've tried gives me a 404 - Not Found error. Very odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Anyone know how to get a copy of Growl? I've been meaning to try it for months, and just decided to do so today, but every link I've tried gives me a 404 - Not Found error. Very odd.
Interesting. I re-downloaded growl on the 2nd January from http://growl.info, but I get the 404 today. I hope for your sake that it's back soon!

Just for the record, I found this on TUAW today. Situation explained. :)

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/01/07/growl-update/

I'm just trying to find a better way of reviewing tasks- its a real drag at the moment. It would be great if growl would send reminders for reviews, but I don't think this is currently configured?
Any help appreciated-
andy

right now the only growl notifications available from OF are "available " " coming due " and " overdue " .