The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Updated Omniweb theme Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just to let you know, I've updated my theme to work with Omniweb 5.5: http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/journal...for-omniweb-55

brilliant - thanks again jon!

I would love it if OmniWeb shipped with the Safari navigational buttons from the get-go. They look so much better with the unified appearance than do the standard OmniWeb buttons. And Mr. Hicks theme is very appreciated until the day when this hope becomes reality. :)

just saw that you have updated it and removed the shadows - brilliant - much nicer!

Yeah - anyone using the theme would be better off downloading and installing again. Revs is referring to the shadows that were at the bottom corners of the safari-esque buttons. Looks much smoother now!

However, I think Omnigroup are right not to ship with Safari style buttons, I think they need to have an identity of their own. Even though they're used elsewhere (such as in the finder), people would cry 'Safari Rip off'.

I do think they need to update what they've got though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautical
I would love it if OmniWeb shipped with the Safari navigational buttons from the get-go. They look so much better with the unified appearance than do the standard OmniWeb buttons.
Personally, I like how the OW buttons look on the unified toolbar. Very simple and clean. The safari buttons add the extra boxes. I tried Jon's theme for a while, but I do like the clean buttons on the unified toolbar more.

I have a half half theme. Half jon Hicks, and then the other half Firefox. I really liek the firefox theme

I agree that an update would be nice, and I also agree that that oughtn´t mean looking like Safari. Blech!

So, now that I´ve agreed with just about everything Jon Hicks said (hey, I added a ¨blech¨ in there!) I´ll also point out that I don´t really care that much. Interfaces are one of my passions, and this one is fine, just a bit dated.