The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Duplicate a Project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Any news on this issue? I have Omnifocus for iPad 1.5.1, unless I missed something this functionality is still missing... Am I wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Yes, it should be fairly straightforward to implement for 1.1, sorry it didn't make the cut for 1.0!
Maybe after all it's a bit more complicated to implement that it seemed in the first place... I'm ok with that! But if it hasn't been dealt with only because it's been «*forgotten*», please...
May I make a wish for next update?

anyhow, thank you Omnigroup, for the great work of your team!

(Sorry for my painful english... My message shouldn't sound rude in anyway, if so, please blame it on my unskillfull english writing)

P.S. I have sent (just now) a message to the ninjas on this matter...

Last edited by emvac1; 2012-04-12 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: add that I wrote to the support team...

For anyone interested in the state of the matter...
This is the reply I had from the support team!
" [...] it looks like we've still got a feature request open on adding a duplicate function. I can't make any specific promises, but I added your vote to help bump up the priority. One of the factors that determines what we add to OmniFocus is the number of people that are requesting a given change, so thanks for requesting this! "

I replied that l would make a bit of advertisement...

I vote for duplicating the project

You still can't duplicate a project, but you can duplicate an action group, then convert it to a project with the Move button in the editor. So, if you want a template project you can duplicate, make a project and make the project you want a template inside of it. When you want another copy, go to the template project, press and hold on the action group, tap copy, tap paste, open the editor, tap move, tap convert to project. If you don't like clutter, put your template projects in a folder and mark the folder as dropped, or put them all together in an all-encompassing template project.