The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Jarring pseudo-focus shift after opening tab in background Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is still happening for me in version 5.5.2 even though I have unchecked "Allow scripts to reorder windows" in the Security preferences.

Has there been any progress made? It is very common and quite annoying. The new "Blink" tag IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm
This is still happening for me in version 5.5.2 even though I have unchecked "Allow scripts to reorder windows" in the Security preferences.
It's not happening for me with 5.5.2 or 5.5.4b1 -- at least, not with the easily-repeatable test case I had earlier on (<http://www.nationalrail.co.uk>).

Can you give an example of a site that causes this problem for you? Maybe the sites that are giving you trouble are doing something different from the ones I was testing.

David

It isn't consistent. For example, lots of the pages at www.boston.com do grab focus, but then don't when I open the same link in a background tab a second time. Try this one. It just did:

http://www.boston.com/business/artic...rysler_source/

In this Google Images search page of Tyra Banks (warning: possibly Not Work Safe! Quite tame IMO but pls don't click if you might be offended), I clicked on the top left photo which opened in a background tab and then grabbed focus. I thought it was javascript doing this but how can that happen when it's just a JPEG?