The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

support material management suggestions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi guys, does anyone have any recommendations for a data management solution--for support material and the like? Omnifocus is so knockout awesome at task management, I just wish there were some equivalent for notes and other material. I've tried Evernote and Devonthink, but the former is a little light (and I don't like the whole privacy thing with the total-cloud setup), and the latter is maybe a little heavy duty for someone who isn't an academic. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tovewabe View Post
I've tried Evernote and Devonthink, but the former is a little light (and I don't like the whole privacy thing with the total-cloud setup), and the latter is maybe a little heavy duty for someone who isn't an academic. Any suggestions?
I'm not an academic at all but DEVONThink was my solution after also trying Evernote. I love the flexibility of DT and the power compared to other options.

I'm not an academic and use Devonthink, too. Maybe you want to give the smaller DEVONnote a try?

I'm not an academic either, and a few months ago I dumped Evernote in favor of DEVONthink Pro Office. Couldn't be happier.

You can reference material in DEVONthink by selecting Edit->Copy Item Link and then pasting that link into the note field in OmniFocus. The cool thing is that if the linked document is synced via DEVONthink To Go on your iPhone/iPad, the link also works there too (i.e., clicking the link in OmniFocus for iPhone/iPad opens the document in DTTG all on your iOS device)!

DEVONthink Pro Office with a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner is what I use. I don't have a paperless office but I'm pretty close.