The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help with note formatting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm probably missing something staring me straight in the face, but I can't find where to set the paragraph spacing for notes. I'm often putting scripts in my notes (Unix shell scripts, SQL scripts, etc.) and the the default double-spacing between paragraph, which in my case are each line of the script, make them difficult to read. I see where I can set the default note style, but where do I set the paragraph spacing so I can make single-spacing the default note style?

Jon

Bad news: this is a little harder than it probably should be.
Good news: we have an existing bug on the thing that makes it that way, so the problem is at least on our radar screen.

How I'd do this:
  1. Fire up TextEdit (Okay, it's a lot harder than it should be.)
  2. Type some text, then select it
  3. Use the pop-up in the text ruler @ the top of the window to set the spacing to single-spaced
  4. Select Format -> Text -> Copy Ruler
  5. Switch to OmniFocus
  6. Select some existing note text
  7. Select Format -> Text -> Paste Ruler
  8. Finally, select Format -> Make Default Note Style (with that same text selected)

Needless to say, I'll be upping the vote on the bug we have on the cocoa text ruler not being supported in OmniFocus. ;-)

Oh yes! I would love to see support for the Cocoa text ruler!

If and when it does get supported in OmniFocus, will that also bring other NSTextView features to the notes field? Things like formatted lists, access to system-wide saved styles, auto-completion (a.k.a. text completion), vertical/column selections with Option-click, etc.

Now that would be really nice!

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-04-29 at 02:39 PM..

Thank you, Brian. I would love to see that added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
If and when it does get supported in OmniFocus, will that also bring other NSTextView features to the notes field? Things like formatted lists, access to system-wide saved styles, auto-completion (a.k.a. text completion), vertical/column selections with Option-click, etc.
Not being a coder, I'm not really qualified to answer the question, but I'll add this to the bug we have open on ruler support.

That would be great. Thanks, Brian!